Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Die Hard 5 Movie

Die Hard 5 with Bruce WillisThe Die Hard series isn't over yet. Yep, we may get ready for the movie Die Hard 5! Well, that's what Actor Bruce Willis told to MTV. The 54-year-old action star would be quite glad to reprise his role as John McClane, in 2011. The fourth film was directed by Len Wiseman and earned $383.5 million in theaters worldwide in 2007. It was made for about $110 million. So it would definitely make financial sense to produce a new Die Hard sequel.

Here's what Bruce Willis said while promoting Cop Out:

"I think we're going to do a 'Die Hard 5' next year.
It's got to go worldwide… That would be my contribution to it."
Bruce Willis

So far, New York cop John McClane has battled baddies in an office tower, on an airplane, on the streets of the Big Apple, and on the Internet. So I guess that going abroad would be a logical next step...

Bruce Willis also said:

There is no John McClane - the John McClane that exists is only in film and in people's minds, and it continues to grow, that mythology continues to grow. I take a certain amount of pride in being part of that [mythology], and the fact that I still get to do it.
But I like so much more making fun of it, taking the p**s out of it and not making it a big deal. Not making the fact that I've acted in a lot of movies a big deal. It's all illusion and it's all bulls**t and it's a great job for me to have, but everything else you can set on fire. Making people laugh is the real deal!

Does that mean that Die Hard 5 would be a kind of auto-parody? Or just that the film will be a mix of comedy and action? Not sure I'd like that...

Well, details about the movie Die Hard 5 should show up online soon, so stay tuned!